Rabu, 01 Februari 2017


Neodymium Magnet with 25 mm diameter & length of 6 inch to comply food safety standard.

Neodymium magnets are very powerful, much more powerful than magnets most people are familiar with and need to be handled with proper care. The magnetic fields from these magnets can affect each other from more than 12 inches away. Please note that these magnets are fragile. Even though they are coated with a tough protective nickel plating, do not allow them to snap together with their full force or they may chip, break, and possibly send small pieces of metal flying on impact. Our magnets can easily bruise fingers and the larger ones can break finger bones and even crush hands as they attempt to connect together.

Always wear protective eyewear or safety goggles when handling the magnets. Keep magnets away from any magnetic based storage devices such as desktop or laptop computers, hard drives, floppy disks, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, or credit cards. A distance of at least 12? should be kept between magnets and these items at all times. Neodymium magnets are not suitable for small children to play with. If small magnets are ingested, they can connect together in parts of the digestive system, blocking proper operation and cause death. These magnets should only be handled under strict adult supervision.

Neodymium magnets will PERMANENTLY lose their magnetic properties if they are heated above 180° Fahrenheit (80° C). All Neodymium magnets are not created equal! You may find ‘inexpensive’ Neodymium magnets for sale from time to time. The phrase “buyer beware” certainly applies here. Our magnets are at least 10.000 gauss or higher. We always try and stock the most powerful magnet available for any particular size & shape. There are plenty of inexpensive Neodymium magnets available… but they have just a small fraction of the magnetic power that our magnets have.
Like always, you get what you pay for.

 Magnet Safety

Neodymium magnets must be handled with care to avoid personal injury and damage to the magnets. Fingers and other body parts can get severely pinched between two attracting magnets. Bones can be broken by larger magnets.

Neodymium magnets are brittle. They can peel, crack or shatter if allowed to slam together. Eye protection should be worn when handling these magnets, because shattering magnets can launch pieces at great speeds and sparks may be produced. The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can also damage magnetic media such as floppy disks, credit cards, magnetic I.D. cards, cassette tapes, video tapes or other such devices. Electronics such televisions, VCRs, computer monitors and other CRT displays can also be damaged.

Children should not be allowed to play with neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
Never allow neodymium magnets near a person with a pacemaker or similar medical device. The strong magnetic fields of the magnets can affect the operation of such devices. Neodymium magnets are brittle and prone to chipping and cracking. Machining, drilling or other mechanical alterations are not recommended.

Neodymium magnets will begin to lose their magnetic properties if heated above 176° F (82° C).
The Bottom Line: Like any tool, neodymium magnets can be useful and educational, but must always be treated with care.
Share This

0858 5346 5588


Copyright © 2017 Magnet Food Safety